Friday, January 14, 2005

Is there a sound, of a shattering heart
That falls straight to the floor
Don’t bother picking up the pieces,
Might just hurt yourself.

If you could hear my breaking heart
Would it tell you how I’ve felt
I know it might not change the way things are now
But I think you might need to hear these words.

How could you tell me things were more than a feeling
How could I have believed that you were in healing
Don’t you know that my heart’s not a game you could start all over again
Just thought you might want to know.



A canvas painted with empty words
Now the colors seem to fade
I should have known right from the start
To think that you came from the stars.

I wonder now if things could ever change
I wonder if i'll ever know
To stare at the person in the mirror
and tell him I should not have told her.


1 Comments:

At January 14, 2005 at 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jon,

well i just talked to you on msn, but haha whatever, hope you're doin alright - your poetry is inspiring!

Olie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home